Buds and Buddies Spring Show
Our May Show Theme is Buds and Buddies in celebration of Spring and all that blooms this time of year, including friendship, flowers and all things Spring! Let your art express what that means to you.
Work can be representational, abstract, realism or even surreal, simply incorporating the images of Spring to which you are drawn! All mediums are accepted.
Please note that this will be a judged show with ribbons ONLY, no monetary awards.
Members and Non-Members of Mint Hill Arts
MHA Members: $10 for up to 4 pieces.
Non-members: $30 for up to 4 pieces.
Awards – Ribbons Only:
Four (4) Honorable Mentions
2-D work cannot exceed 60″ x 60″ vertically or horizontally.
3-D work cannot exceed a 36″ footprint x 7′ in height, easily transportable, must fit through the door, and be displayed appropriately.
- Each artist may enter up to four (4) individual pieces. Any artwork previously awarded a prize in any prior MHA show, is to be retired from future competitions.
- All work must be original. Reproductions of work done by other artists will be disqualified.
- All artwork must be properly framed and wired (click HERE for wiring instructions). Mint Hill Arts reserves the right to turn down any artwork that is not properly framed or is deemed as inappropriate, unsafe for public display or too difficult to install.
- All artists will be PROVIDED an Intake Label for their work at Intake.
- All artists must complete the online Gallery Intake Registration form. Click HERE for the Gallery Intake Registration From. There will be no gallery registration accepted onsite.
- Entering artists must be 18 years old or have written permission from a parent/guardian.
- All artwork must remain in the show until its closing unless it is sold, in which case it can be taken from the gallery at the time of the sale. If you have an emergency and must remove your artwork, you must notify Mint Hill Arts and make arrangements accordingly.
- For all sales, MHA withholds a 20% commission.
***Online registration deadline is: 12:00 NOON on Thursday, April 28th***
Friday, April 29th, from 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. or
Saturday, April 30th, from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Drop off location:
Mint Hills Arts Gallery
11205 Lawyers Rd, Ste. A
Mint Hill, NC 28227
Phone – 980-226-5532
The Buds and Buddies Opening Reception will take place on Friday, May 6th from 7-8:30 pm. Awards will be presented at 8 pm. Everyone is invited to enjoy free wine, soft drinks, appetizers, and great art!
Friday, May 27th from 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. or
Saturday, May 28th, from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.