Novant Health Mint Hill Medical Center Summer Art Show
Mint Hill Arts, in partnership with Novant Health, is pleased to present the Novant Health Mint Hill Medical Center Summer Art Show! This will be a judged show. Please join us as we proudly display our local talent and amazing artistic pieces.
Although Covid 19 is not at the same level it was last summer and restrictions have been relaxed, we still strongly encourage you to submit your entry online (forms available on our website via this link . . . HERE) if possible as it streamlines the intake process and helps in deciphering accurate information. As always, have your work ready to hang before you come to the gallery for intake. The reception for this show may be held outside, weather permitting, and will be expanded to look more like our previous receptions, i.e., refreshments, open to more attendees, etc. It is not likely to be Zoomed, but if that changes, a notice will be sent out with the access info.
All Artists, Members and Non-Members
No categories; any medium.
Friday, May 28th, 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, May 29th, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Friday, July 30th, 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, July 31st, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
MHA Members: $15 for up to 2 pieces/artist
Non-members: $40 for up to 2 pieces/artist
|Best in Show||$200|
|First Place Ribbon||$150|
|Second Place Ribbon||$100|
|Third Place Ribbon||$75|
|Honorable Mentions (8)||$25|
Friday, June 4th – Awards presentation at 8 p.m.
- Each artist may enter up to two (2) individual pieces in any 2-D or 3-D discipline, including, oils, watercolors, acrylics, pastels, pencil, ink, dyes, fabric, wood, metal, glass, plastic, chalk, charcoal, paper, mixed media, foam, cardboard, plaster, ceramics, welding, casting, resin, photography [conventional film or computer enhanced or generated], lithographs, serigraphs, batiks, paper mache, or any other material.
- All work must be original. No giclees. We understand that photography is, by nature, a print and will be regarded as original art. No art can be created from copy written material, i.e., copying from photos or other artwork in a publication or book, etc.
- Students may enter but only if the instructor has not touched the artwork. All work must be done by the artist. Reproductions of work done by other artists will be disqualified from the judging.
- All 2-D artwork must be properly framed and wired (see below for more information). If your 2-D work does not require a frame, hanging must be thought out so it is ready to be displayed. 3-D work that is designed to hang should also be ready to be displayed.
- All artists must fill out our Gallery Registration Form and affix our Intake Labels. Please view the form HERE or under the “Forms” section. Completing them ahead of time is recommended, but they will be available at Intake for those who choose to fill them out in the gallery.
- Mint Hill Arts reserves the right to turn down any artwork that it deems as inappropriate, unsafe for public display or too difficult to install.
- Entering artists must be 18 years old or have written permission from a parent/guardian.
Please pay attention to your sizes. We have limited wall and floor space, so no exceptions can be made for oversize artwork.
2-D work cannot exceed 60″ x 60″ vertically or horizontally.
3-D work cannot exceed a 36″ footprint x 7′ in height. It must fit through the door.
Mint Hill Arts requires a commission (20%) on all work sold through our gallery. All sales are run through the gallery and checks are made payable to Mint Hill Arts. Artists are paid within 30 days of the sale. All proceeds from sales go to Mint Hill Arts, an all-volunteer non-profit art organization. You do not have to put your work up for sale; whether to sell, and the price of your work, is determined by you. Sold work can be taken from the gallery at the time of the sale.