Mint Hill Arts is pleased to announce it’s “Famous Landmarks” February Show.
This is your reference or interpretation of a landmark, local, national or international. Let your art express what that means to you. As always, your work can be representational, abstract, realistic or even surreal, simply incorporating the images of local, national or an international landmark to which you are drawn. For example, your art could include the Mint Hill Town Hall, Latta Plantation, the Statue of Liberty, the Eiffel Tower, the Pyramids or Mount Everest. All mediums are accepted.
Please note: This is a judged show with ribbons ONLY, no monetary awards.
All Artists, members and non-members as well as any medium.
For Mint Hill Arts Members, $25 per artist for up to 3 pieces
For Non-members, $45 per artist for up to 3 pieces
2-D work cannot exceed 60″ x 60″ vertically or horizontally.
3-D work cannot exceed a 36″ footprint x 7′ in height, easily transportable, must fit through the door, and be displayed appropriately
- Water Media: Includes water media on paper or paper products (yuppo), gouache, ink
- Photography: Shot with a camera, which is a truthful representation of what was seen through the camera lens. Post-processing is kept to a very minimum, changed digitally only in ways that were formerly possible in a darkroom, i.e., adjusting brightness and contrast. Cropping and converting to Black and White is acceptable.
- Painting: oils, acrylics, pastels
- Other Visual Arts: Includes all materials or techniques not included in the other categories (mixed media, drawing, graphics, alcohol inks, textiles, altered or computer generated/enhanced photography, and 3D works, etc.
- Each artist may enter up to three (3) individual pieces in any 2-D or 3-D discipline, including, oils, watercolors, acrylics, pastels, pencil, ink, dyes, fabric, wood, metal, glass, plastic, chalk, charcoal, paper, mixed media, foam, cardboard, plaster, ceramics, welding, casting, resin, photography (conventional film or computer enhanced), lithographs, serigraphs, batiks, papier-mâché, or any other material.
- Artwork over 3 years old (created prior to 2020) or previously awarded a prize in any prior MHA show should be retired from MHA competitions.
- All work must be original. Students may enter but only if the instructor has not touched the artwork. All work must be done by the artist. Reproductions of work done by other artists will be disqualified.
- All artwork must be properly wired or properly framed and wired (click HERE for wiring instructions). Unframed canvas must have the edges appropriately painted. Mint Hill Arts is a family friendly based organization. Mint Hill Arts reserves the right to turn down any artwork that is not properly wired, framed or is deemed inappropriate, unsafe for public display or too difficult to install.
- All artists will be PROVIDED an Intake Label for their work at Intake.
- All artists must complete the online Gallery Intake Registration form. Registration fees will be accepted online only. Click HERE for the Gallery Intake Registration Form. There will be no gallery registration accepted onsite.
- Entering artists must be 18 years old or have a parent/guardian sign the Online Registration Form to show agreement & authorization of participation. Minors will be held to same standards as other participants.
- All artwork must remain in the show until its closing unless it is sold, in which case it can be taken from the gallery at the time of the sale. If you have an emergency and must remove your artwork, you must notify Mint Hill Arts and make arrangements accordingly.
- Mint Hill Arts requires a commission (20%) on all work sold through our gallery. All sales are run through the gallery and checks are made payable to Mint Hill Arts. Artists are paid within 30 days of the sale. All proceeds from sales go to Mint Hill Arts, an all-volunteer non-profit art organization. You do not have to put your work up for sale. Sold work can be taken from the gallery at the time of the sale.
***Online registration deadline is: 12 NOON on Thursday, January 26, 2023***
Show Intake/Drop Off Artwork:
Friday, January 27, 2023 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, January 28, 2023, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Drop off location:
Mint Hills Arts Gallery
11205 Lawyers Rd, Ste. A
Mint Hill, NC 28227
Phone – 980-226-5532
The February “Famous Landmarks” Art Show Opening Reception will take place on Friday, February 3, 2023 from 7:00-8:30 p.m. Awards will be presented at 8:00 p.m. Everyone is invited to enjoy free appetizers, soft drinks, wine and great art!
Friday, February 24, 2023 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, February 25, 2023 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.