Our February Show theme is ‘Images of Love’ as a nod to Valentine’s Day and the various expressions of love that are a part of life. Let your art express what that means to you. As always, your work can be representational, abstract or realism or even surreal, simply incorporating the images of love to which you are drawn! All mediums are accepted. Please note that this will be a judged show with ribbons ONLY, no monetary awards.
The judge for our “Images of Love” exhibit is artist, Angela Lubinecky.
Angela was raised in a multicultural expatriate community in East Africa and was exposed to a variety of influences. Life in Africa and all its international flavors led to the basis of her visual expression. Her art is all about color and an inner excitement about what life has to offer. Angela has been a life-long artist, graduating from UCLA with a BA in World Arts and Cultures and continuing her art education at The Art League School in Alexandria, VA and the Loudoun Academy of the Arts, VA.
She has exhibited in juried exhibitions and galleries in Kenya, Virginia and North Carolina. Her art can be found in many public places from the Levine Children’s Hospital and the Ronald McDonald House to the Pink House in Charlotte, NC. Other works have included designing the poster for Charlotte SHOUT (2009), the town seal of Wesley Chapel, NC and several murals at schools in Union County, NC. Angela is on the Board of the Guild of Charlotte Artists.
When she is not painting she teaches art and works at the Mint Museum, NC. She currently lives in Union County with her family. Find out more about Angela and her work at http://www.lolangi.com/
For Mint Hill Arts Members, $10 per artist for up to 4 pieces.
For Non-members, $30 per artist for up to 4 pieces.
|Prizes (Ribbons Only)|
|Honorable Mentions (4 per category)|
Please pay attention to your sizes. We have limited wall and floor space, so no exceptions can be made for oversize artwork.
— 2-D work cannot exceed 60″ x 60″ vertically or horizontally.
— 3-D work cannot exceed a 36″ footprint x 7′ in height. It must fit through the door.
- Each artist may enter up to four (4) individual pieces.
- All work must be original. Reproductions of work done by other artists will be disqualified.
- All 2-D artwork must be properly framed and wired. If your 2-D work does not require a frame, hanging must be thought out so it is ready to be displayed. Please try to avoid using poor quality frames (so artwork won’t fall and break).
- All artists must fill out and affix our Intake Labels to each submitted work.
- All artists must complete the Gallery Registration Form. Two options are available:
- The fastest and most convenient way is to complete your registration online. Click HERE for the Online Gallery Registration Form. (You may fill out the form in advance and have the option of paying online or in the gallery upon arrival.)
- Print out a manual form, found by clicking HERE and pay in person upon arrival.
- Mint Hill Arts accepts all artwork but reserves the right to turn down any artwork that it deems as inappropriate, unsafe for public display or too difficult to install.
- Entering artists must be 18 years old or have written permission from a parent/guardian.
- All artwork must remain in the show until its closing unless it is sold, in which case it can be taken from the gallery at the time of the sale. If you have an emergency and must remove your artwork, you must notify Mint Hill Arts and make arrangements accordingly.
- For all sales, MHA withholds a 20% commission.
Friday, January 28th, 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, January 29th, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
The ‘Images of Love’ Opening Reception will take place on Friday, February 4th,
2022 from 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. Everyone is invited to enjoy free wine, soft drinks, appetizers, and great art!
Friday, February 25th, 2022, 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Saturday, February 26th, 2022, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.