Artists are invited to participate in the Annual Mint Hill Arts Water Media Judged Show. This particular show does not have a set theme, so your imagination is your only limitation!
Water Media Criteria
Water media works only. Please note that water media is the general term for media that are distinguished from oil or other media by being diluted with water when used, i.e., watercolor, gouache, ink, casein, egg tempera, acrylic. It is sometimes combined with other media, commonly collage. Further, the piece must be painted on watercolor paper, watercolor board, or synthetic paper (i.e. Yupo). Watercolor crayon, watercolor pastel, and watercolor pencil are allowed if used in a water-soluble manner (i.e. the majority of lines and shading dissolved).
MHA Members: $15 for up to 2 pieces/artist
Non-members: $40 for up to 2 pieces/artist
Please pay attention to your sizes. Due to limited wall and floor space, so no exceptions can be made for oversize artwork.
2-D work cannot exceed 60″ x 60″ vertically or horizontally.
3-D work cannot exceed a 36″ footprint x 7′ in height. It must fit through the door, be easily transportable, and be displayed appropriately.
Please note that if 3-D work is submitted, it must comply with the above Water Media description.
- Each artist may enter up to 2 individual pieces.
- All work must be original. Prints, including giclees are not allowed. Reproductions of work done by other artists will be disqualified.
- All 2-D artwork must be properly framed and wired (see website for more information). If your 2-D work does not require a frame, hanging must be thought out so it is ready to be displayed. Please try to avoid using poor quality frames (we’ve had artwork fall and break due to this).
- All artists must fill out our Gallery Registration Form and affix our Intake Labels. Please view the form HERE or under the “Forms” section. It will save you time at Intake to print them, fill them out and bring them in with your artwork, but they will be available at Intake for those who choose to fill them out in the gallery.
- Mint Hill Arts accepts all artwork but reserves the right to turn down any artwork that it deems as inappropriate, unsafe for public display or too difficult to install.
- Entering artists must be 18 years old or have written permission from a parent/guardian.
- All artwork must remain in the show until its closing unless it is sold, in which case it can be taken from the gallery at the time of the sale. If you have an emergency and must remove your artwork, you must notify Mint Hill Arts and make arrangements accordingly.
Friday, July 30th 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Saturday, July 31 1st 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Friday, August 27th, 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Saturday, August 28th, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
The Water Media Opening Reception will take place on Friday, August 6th from 7-9 pm. Members and nonmembers alike are invited to enjoy free wine, soft drinks, and appetizers.