APRIL 2023 CALL FOR ARTISTS
ROMIE & JUDY MIZELL PHOTOGRAPHY SHOW
Mint Hill Arts is pleased to present the 5th annual Romie and Judy Mizell Photography Show. This is a judged show.
All photographs are welcome. Of importance is that each entry must be based on an original photograph and that all components of the work, including any digital editing, must be the photographer’s own work. See additional Rules below for other requirements.
Members and Non-Members of Mint Hill Arts
Friday, March 24th, 2:00 to 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, March 25th, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
First Place: $100
Second Place: $75
Third Place: $50
Honorable Mentions (4): $25 Gift Certificate
MHA Members: $25 for up to 2 pieces/artist
Non-members: $45 for up to 2 pieces /artist
- Each artist may enter up to 2 pieces.
- All entries must be original works of photography.
- Mint Hill Arts reserves the right to turn down any artwork that is not properly framed or is deemed as inappropriate, unsafe for public display or too difficult to install.
- Artwork previously awarded a prize in any prior MHA show should be retired from MHA competitions.
- All work must be original. Students may enter but only if the instructor has not touched the artwork. All work must be done by the artist. Reproductions of work done by other artists will be disqualified.
- All artwork must be properly wired or properly framed and wired (click HERE for wiring instructions). Unframed canvas must have the edges appropriately painted. Mint Hill Arts is a family friendly based organization. Mint Hill Arts reserves the right to turn down any artwork that is not properly wired, framed or is deemed inappropriate, unsafe for public display or too difficult to install.
- All artists will be PROVIDED an Intake Label for their work at Intake.
- All artists must complete the online Gallery Intake Registration form. Registration fees will be accepted online only. Click HERE for the Gallery Intake Registration Form. There will be no gallery registration accepted onsite.
- Entering artists must be 18 years old or have a parent/guardian sign the Online Registration Form to show agreement & authorization of participation. Minors will be held to same standards as other participants.
- All artwork must remain in the show until its closing unless it is sold, in which case it can be taken from the gallery at the time of the sale. If you have an emergency and must remove your artwork, you must notify Mint Hill Arts and make arrangements accordingly.
- Mint Hill Arts requires a commission (20%) on all work sold through our gallery. All sales are run through the gallery and checks are made payable to Mint Hill Arts. Artists are paid within 30 days of the sale. All proceeds from sales go to Mint Hill Arts, an all-volunteer non-profit art organization. You do not have to put your work up for sale. Sold work can be taken from the gallery at the time of the sale.
***Online registration deadline is: 12 NOON on Thursday, March 23rd, 2023***
Mint Hills Arts Gallery
11205 Lawyers Rd, Ste. A,
Mint Hill, NC 28227
Phone – 980-226-5532
The April Romie & Judy Mizell Photography Art Show Opening Reception will take place on Friday, March 31, 2023 from 7:00-8:30 p.m. Awards will be presented at 8 p.m. Everyone is invited to enjoy free appetizers, soft drinks, wine and great photographs!
Friday, April 28, 2023 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 29, 2023 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.