Previous Call for Artists
July 2019 Call for Artists
Mint Hill Arts is pleased to announce its August Show “Paper Works”. This is a judged competition. This show incorporates any work done solely on paper, or using paper in the work itself (quilling, paper sculpture, paper mache, etc.). Please carefully read further instructions in the rules below.
All Artists, members and non-members
Paper only, in its various forms of expression.
Friday, July 26th, 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, July 27th, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Friday, September 6, 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, September 7, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
For Mint Hill Arts Members, $15 per artist for up to 2 pieces
For Non-members, $40 per artist for up to 2 pieces
- Each artist may enter up to two (2) individual pieces in any discipline, other than photography, that can be created with, or on paper, including charcoal, pastel, watercolor, quilling, paper mache’, pencil, pen and ink, or mixed media that incorporates paper only in its composition/presentation.
- All work must be original. No giclees. No art can be created from copy written material, i.e., copying from photos or other artwork in a publication or book, etc.
- Students may enter but only if the instructor has not touched the artwork. All work must be done by the artist. Reproductions of work done by other artists will be disqualified from the judging.
- All 2D artwork must be properly framed and wired (see below for more information). If your 2-D work does not require a frame, hanging must be thought out so it is ready to be displayed. 3-D work that is designed to hang should also be ready to be displayed.
- All artists must fill out our Gallery Registration Form and affix our Intake Labels. See our website to access these forms. Completing them ahead of time is recommended, but they will be available at Intake for those who choose to fill them out in the gallery.
- Mint Hill Arts reserves the right to turn down any artwork that it deems as inappropriate, unsafe for public display or too difficult to install.
- Entering artists must be 18 years old or have written permission from a parent/guardian.
Please pay attention to your sizes. We have limited wall and floor space, so no exceptions can be made for oversize artwork.
- 2-D work cannot exceed 60″ x 60″ vertically or horizontally.
- 3-D work cannot exceed a 36″ footprint x 7′ in height. It must fit through the door.
To be determined.
Free Opening Reception:
Friday, August 2nd, 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Judging will be announced beginning at 8:00 p.m.
Mint Hill Arts requires a commission (20%) on all work sold through our gallery. All sales are run through the gallery and checks are made payable to Mint Hill Arts. Artists are paid within 30 days of the sale.
All proceeds from sales go to Mint Hill Arts, an all-volunteer non-profit art organization. You do not have to put your work up for sale; whether to sell, and the price of your work, is determined by you. Sold work can be taken from the gallery at the time of the sale.