Previous Call for Artists
DECEMBER 2017 CALL FOR ARTISTS
Mint Hill Arts is proud to present its Annual Ann and Bill Litaker Exhibit. This annual juried show is dedicated to longtime members Ann and Bill Litaker. Bill is with us in spirit and Ann graces our “art oasis” on an almost daily basis. Their unselfish dedication to Mint Hill Arts serves as an example to every volunteer who believes that “art matters,” that everyone’s life is made better because of creative thinking and expression.
Open to: All Artists, members and non-members
Best in Show: $300
1st prize – $100 (to be awarded in each category)
2nd prize – $75 (to be awarded in each category)
3rd prize – $50 (to be awarded in each category)
Honorable Mentions (2 per category): $25 Gift Certificate
- Water Media: Includes water media on paper or paper products (yuppo), gouache, ink
- Photography –Photography, shot with a camera, which is a truthful representation of what was seen through the camera lens. Post-processing is kept to a very minimum, changed digitally only in ways that were formerly possible in a darkroom, i.e., adjusting brightness and contrast. Cropping and converting to Black and White is acceptable.
- Painting: oils, acrylics, pastels
- Other Visual Arts: Includes all materials or techniques not included in the other categories (mixed media, drawing, graphics, alcohol inks, textiles, altered or computer-generated/enhanced photography, 3D works, etc.)
Friday, December 1st, 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, December 2nd, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Mint Hills Arts Gallery
11205 Lawyers Rd, Ste. A, Mint Hill, NC 28227
Phone – 980.226.5532
Friday, January 26th, 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, January 27th, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
The Litaker Show reception will take place on Friday, December 8th from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Please join us for appetizers, soft drinks and wine as we celebrate our artists at this prestigious show.
For Mint Hill Arts Members, $10 per artist for up to 2 pieces.
For Non-members, $30 per artist for up to 2 pieces.
- Each artist may enter up to two (2) individual pieces in any medium.
- All work must be original. Reproductions of work done by other artists will be disqualified.
- All 2-D artwork must be properly framed and wired (see website for more information). If your 2-D work does not require a frame, hanging must be thought out so it is ready to be displayed. Please try to avoid using poor quality frames (we’ve had artwork fall and break due to this).
- All artists must fill out our Gallery Registration Form and affix our Intake Labels. See the MHA website for more information and links to these forms. It will save you time at Intake to print them, fill them out and bring them in with your artwork, but they will be available at Intake for those who choose to fill them out in the gallery.
- Mint Hill Arts accepts all artwork but reserves the right to turn down any artwork that it deems as inappropriate, unsafe for public display or too difficult to install.
- Entering artists must be 18 years old or have written permission from a parent/guardian.
- All artwork must remain in the show until its closing, unless it is sold in which case it can be taken from the gallery at the time of the sale. If you have an emergency and must remove your artwork, you must notify Mint Hill Arts and make arrangements accordingly.
- For all sales, MHA withholds a 20% commission.
Please pay attention to your sizes. Due to limited wall and floor space, no exceptions can be made for oversize artwork.
- 2-D work cannot exceed 60″ x 60″ vertically or horizontally.
- 3-D work cannot exceed a 36″ footprint x 7′ in height. It must fit through the door.
Mint Hill Arts requires a commission (20%) on all work sold through our gallery. All sales are run through the gallery and checks are made payable to Mint Hill Arts. Artists are paid within 30 days of the sale
All proceeds from sales go to Mint Hill Arts, an all-volunteer non-profit art organization. You do not have to put your work up for sale; whether to sell, and the price of your work, is determined by you. Sold work can be taken from the gallery at the time of the sale.