Call for Student Artists
Mint Hill Arts is pleased and proud to sponsor our Twelfth Annual Student Art Show. This is a wonderful opportunity for students to show their art in a real and vibrant gallery, and for high school students to compete for generous awards. Please help us spread the word to students in the “greater Mint Hill Area.” This will be a remarkable show, so come see all the artwork in the gallery, corridor, and classrooms.
Who May Enter:
The show is open to all area students in grades K – 12 in public, private, and home schools as well as to students of any age who have taken classes at Mint Hill Arts beginning in September 2019. This is a judged show for high school students (only).
Awards: The following prizes will be awarded in the high school competition:
Monday, March 2nd, 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday, March 3rd, 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
(Please note that pickup from the February Show will be February 28th and 29th at the normal times.)
Friday, March 23rd, 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Saturday, March 24th, 2:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Opening Reception and Awards Ceremony:
A reception for students and their teachers, family, and friends will be held at the gallery on Friday, March 6th from 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. Awards will be announced around 8:00 p.m.
There are no fees for entering this show.
- Each student may enter one piece of art.
- All work must be original.
- Mint Hill Arts accepts all artwork but reserves the right to turn down any artwork that it deems as inappropriate, unsafe for public display or too difficult to install.
- All artwork must remain in the show until its closing, unless it is sold in which case it can be taken from the gallery at the time of the sale. If you have an emergency and must remove your artwork, you must notify Mint Hill Arts and make arrangements accordingly.
- For all sales, MHA withholds a 20% commission.
- All entries require a completed liability waiver.
- Other rules differ for high school and elementary/middle school students, as described below:
High School: 2-D work should be matted or framed and cannot exceed 48″ x 60″ vertically or horizontally. 3-D work cannot exceed a 36″ footprint x 7′ in height and must be designed to be displayed safely. Students should enter art using the form Student Gallery Registration – Individual Judged.
Elementary and Middle School: 2-D work for K-8 should be mounted on construction paper or poster board and cannot exceed 24″ x 30″ vertically or horizontally. 3-D work cannot exceed a 2’ footprint x 4′ in height and must be designed to be displayed safely. Students who enter individually should use the form Student Gallery Registration Form – Individual Not Judged. Teachers may enter multiple students using the form Student Gallery Registration Form – Group.
All forms referred to above can be downloaded from the Student Art Show section of our Forms page. Intake labels are included with the individual registration forms; a sheet of labels is also available for group registration.