IMPORTANT INFORMATION – PLEASE READ
Although things seem to be improving with Covid 19, we are not in the clear just yet. Consequently, we will do the intake for this show much the same as the Novant Summer Show. Please have your entry form completed in advance and your work ready to hang before you come to the gallery for intake. Your fee, entry form and work can then be submitted at the door or inside the gallery with the proper restrictions, i.e., mask, distancing, etc. It is unsure just yet if the reception will be limited in number of attendees or if it will only be available for viewing via Zoom again as the show winners receive their ribbons.– if the latter, the access link will be sent out to members. Once again, note that if you are planning to enter this show, please email Thea Barbato with the subject line ‘Members Only Entry’ before September 25th so we will know how many entries to expect.
This show will run two months through October and November. Please read the changes from the usual schedule in intake and reception date in the call below.
October/November 2020 Call for Artists
Members Only Showing
Mint Hill Arts is pleased to present our Members Only show for October/November. Any medium is accepted. This is a judged show, established to honor our members. If you are not a member, but would like to become one, visit our website and join online or join at intake.
IMPORTANT – There will be ribbons only awarded in this show, no monetary awards.
|First Place||First Place Ribbon|
|Second Place||Second Place Ribbon|
|Third Place||Third Place Ribbon|
|Two Honorable Mentions|
For Mint Hill Arts Members, $15 per artist for up to 4 pieces.
Please note that, although this is a judged show, we are allowing a one-time exception in changing the number of entries from the usual two to four per artist.
2-D work cannot exceed 60″ x 60″ vertically or horizontally.
All 3-D work must be a reasonable size so as to be easily transportable, fit through the door and be displayed appropriately.
- All work must be original. No giclees. We understand that photography is, by nature, a print and will be regarded as original art. No art can be created from copyrighted material, i.e., copying from photos or other artwork in a publication or book, etc. Reproductions of work done by other artists will also be disqualified from the judging.
- All 2-D artwork must be properly framed and wired (see website for more information). If your 2-D work does not require a frame, hanging must be thought out so it is ready to be displayed. Please try to avoid using poor quality frames (we’ve had artwork fall and break due to this).
- All artists must fill out our Gallery Registration Form and affix our Intake Labels. See the Forms page for more information and links to these forms. It will save you time at Intake to print them, fill them out and bring them in with your artwork, but they will be available at Intake for those who choose to fill them out in the gallery.
- Mint Hill Arts accepts all artwork but reserves the right to turn down any artwork that it deems as inappropriate, unsafe for public display or too difficult to install.
- Entering artists must be 18 years old or have written permission from a parent/guardian.
- All artwork must remain in the show until its closing unless it is sold, in which case it can be taken from the gallery at the time of the sale. If you have an emergency and must remove your artwork, you must notify Mint Hill Arts and make arrangements accordingly.
Show Intake: – Note change in Intake Dates.
Friday, October 2nd, 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, October 3rd, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
**Mark your calendar that the pick-up for this show/ Intake for December show is one week later than the usual MHA schedule due to Thanksgiving occurring on November 28th this year. This allows MHA intake volunteers and others to have an uninterrupted Thanksgiving holiday.
Friday, December 4th from 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, December 5th, from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
The “Members Only” Show Opening Reception will take place on Friday, October 9th, from 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Ribbons will be presented around 8:00 p.m. Ribbon winners are invited to attend to receive their ribbons in person. Notification will be sent out regarding the meeting being available via Zoom as was the case in the Novant Show or if attendance restrictions can be more relaxed for this reception.