Previous Call for Artists
AUGUST 2018 CALL FOR ALL ARTISTS
PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARDS SHOW
For August, artists are invited to participate in our annual People’s Choice Awards Show in which members of the community pick the winners in five different categories. Ribbons (only) will be awarded for the categories listed below. This is a non-themed show and all mediums are accepted. Enter your art and encourage your friends and neighbors to participate in the judging!
Open to: All Artists, Members and Non-members of Mint Hill Arts
Categories: Any medium.
-Best in Show (your favorite)
-Best Repurposed Art (using recycled materials)
Friday, July 27: 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, July 28: 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Friday, August 31: 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, September 1: 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Mint Hill Arts Members: $10 per artist for up to 4 pieces
Non-members: $30 per artist for up to 4 pieces
- Each artist may enter up to four (4) individual pieces in any medium.
- All work must be original. Reproductions of work done by other artists will be disqualified.
- All 2D artwork must be properly framed and wired (see website for more information). If your 2-D work does not require a frame, hanging must be thought out so it is ready to be displayed. Please try to avoid using poor quality frames (we’ve had artwork fall and break due to this).
- All artists must fill out our Gallery Registration Form and affix our Intake Labels. See our website at MintHillArts.org to access these forms and the liability waiver. Completing them ahead of time is recommended, but they will be available at Intake for those who choose to fill them out in the gallery.
- Mint Hill Arts accepts all artwork but reserves the right to turn down any artwork that it deems as inappropriate, unsafe for public display or too difficult to install.
- Entering artists must be 18 years old or have written permission from a parent/guardian.
- All artwork must remain in the show until its closing, unless it is sold in which case it can be taken from the gallery at the time of the sale. If you have an emergency and must remove your artwork, you must notify Mint Hill Arts and make arrangements accordingly.
- For all sales, MHA withholds a 20% commission. All sales are run through the gallery and checks are made payable to Mint Hill Arts. Artists are paid within 30 days of the sale. All proceeds from sales go to Mint Hill Arts, an all-volunteer non-profit art organization. You do not have to put your work up for sale; whether to sell and the price of your work, is determined by you. Sold work can be taken from the gallery at the time of the sale.
Please pay attention to your sizes. We have limited wall and floor space, so no exceptions can be made for oversize artwork.
- 2-D work cannot exceed 60″ x 60″ vertically or horizontally.
- 3-D work cannot exceed a 36″ footprint x 7′ in height and must be easily transportable, fit through the door, and be displayed appropriately
Free Opening Reception: Friday, August 3 at 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Awards are typically presented around 7:45 – 8 pm. Everyone is invited to enjoy free wine, soft drinks, appetizers, and great art!
In our publicity we would like to be able, as appropriate, to include photos and descriptions of some of the art that will appear in the show. If you would like for us to consider your entries, please send the Chair of the Communications Committee a photo (in .jpg) of one or more of the pieces of art you will enter, the title(s), and if desired a short (no more than 50 words) sketch about you, the artist. The information must be received at least one week before the show.
Mint Hills Arts Gallery
1205 Lawyers Rd, Ste. A,
Mint Hill, NC 28227
Phone – 980-226-5532