Previous Call for Artists
May 2019 Call for Artists
“The Essence of Spring”
Mint Hill Arts is pleased to present our May show, which is open to Mint Hill Arts members and non-members. This non-judged show is about all things Spring, so any visual representation of how you envision Spring is great!
Members and Nonmembers of Mint Hill Arts
2-D work cannot exceed 60″ x 60″ vertically or horizontally.
3-D work cannot exceed a 36″ footprint x 7′ in height, must be easily transportable, fit through the door, and be displayed appropriately.
- Each artist may enter up to four (4) individual pieces in any medium.
- All 2D artwork must be properly framed and wired (see website for more information). If your 2-D work does not require a frame, hanging must be thought out so it is ready to be displayed. Please try to avoid using poor quality frames (we’ve had artwork fall and break due to this).
- All work must be original. Reproductions of work done by other artists will be disqualified.
- All artists must fill out our Gallery Registration Form and affix our Intake Labels. See the MHA website for more information and links to these forms. It will save you time at Intake to print them, fill them out and bring them in with your artwork, but they will be available at Intake for those who choose to fill them out in the gallery.
- Mint Hill Arts accepts all artwork but reserves the right to turn down any artwork that it deems as inappropriate, unsafe for public display or too difficult to install.
- Entering artists must be 18 years old or have written permission from a parent/guardian.
- All artwork must remain in the show until its closing, unless it is sold in which case it can be taken from the gallery at the time of the sale. If you have an emergency and must remove your artwork, you must notify Mint Hill Arts and make arrangements accordingly. For all sales, MHA withholds a 20% commission.
MHA Members: $10 for up to 4 pieces /artist
Non-members: $30 for up to 4 pieces /artist
Friday, April 26th, from 4 p.m. – 6 p.m. and Saturday, April 27th, from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Mint Hills Arts Gallery
11205 Lawyers Rd, Ste. A, Mint Hill, NC 28227
Phone – 980-226-5532
Friday, May 25th from 4 pm – 6pm and Saturday, May 26th from 10 am – 12 pm
The “Essence of Spring” Opening Reception will take place on Friday, May 3rd from 7 pm – 9 pm. Everyone is invited to enjoy free wine, soft drinks, appetizers, and great art!