October 2019 Call for Artists
Mint Hill Arts is pleased to present our October show, which is open to Mint Hill Arts members and non-members. This non-judged show is all about the upcoming Fall season. Your creative endeavors are encouraged, be they realistic, impressionistic, collage, etc. All things Autumn/Fall season are welcome!
2-D work cannot exceed 60″ x 60″ vertically or horizontally.
3-D work cannot exceed a 36″ footprint x 7′ in height, and must be easily transportable, fit through the door, and be displayed appropriately.
- Each artist may enter up to four (4) individual pieces in any medium.
- All 2-D artwork must be properly framed and wired (see website for more information). If your 2-D work does not require a frame, hanging must be thought out so it is ready to be displayed. Please try to avoid using poor quality frames (we have had artwork fall and break due to this).
- All work must be original. Reproductions of work done by other artists will be disqualified.
- All artists must fill out our Gallery Registration Form and affix our Intake Labels. See the MHA website for more information and links to these forms. It will save you time at Intake to print them, fill them out and bring them in with your artwork, but they will be available at Intake for those who choose to fill them out in the gallery.
- Mint Hill Arts accepts all artwork but reserves the right to turn down any artwork that it deems as inappropriate, unsafe for public display or too difficult to install.
- Entering artists must be 18 years old or have written permission from a parent/guardian.
- All artwork must remain in the show until its closing, unless it is sold in which case it can be taken from the gallery at the time of the sale. If you have an emergency and must remove your artwork, you must notify Mint Hill Arts and make arrangements accordingly. For all sales, Mint Hill Arts withholds a 20% commission.
Friday, September 27th, 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, September 28th, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Mint Hills Arts Gallery
11205 Lawyers Rd, Ste. A, Mint Hill, NC 28227
Phone – 980-226-5532
For Mint Hill Arts Members: $15 per artist for up to 4 pieces
For Non-members: $40 per artist for up to 4 pieces
Friday, October 25th, 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, October 26th, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
The “Autumn Art” Opening Reception will take place on Friday, October 4th, from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Everyone is invited to enjoy free wine, soft drinks, appetizers, and great art! Please note that the People’s Choice awards for the September Show will be presented at this reception!
In our publicity we would like to be able, as appropriate, to include photos and descriptions of some of the art that will appear in the show. If you would like for us to consider your entries, please send the Chair of the Communications Committee a photo (in .jpg) of one or more of the pieces of art you will enter; the title(s); and, if desired, a short (no more than 50 words) sketch about you, the artist. The information must be received at least one week before the show.