November 2019 Call for Artists
Mint Hill Arts is pleased to present for November our Members Only show. Any medium is accepted. This is a judged show, established to honor our members. If you are not a member, but would like to become one, please Click Here to join online. We are also accepting member enrollment at intake.
Mint Hill Arts Members: $15 for up to 2 pieces
2-D work cannot exceed 60″ x 60″ vertically or horizontally.
All 3-D work must be a reasonable size so as to be easily transportable, fit through the door and be displayed appropriately.
- Each artist may enter up to two (2) individual pieces. Note that any entry previously winning an award in a judged show cannot be entered in this judged show.
- All work must be original. No giclees. We understand that photography is, by nature, a print and will be regarded as original art. No art can be created from copyrighted material, i.e., copying from photos or other artwork in a publication or book, etc. Reproductions of work done by other artists will also be disqualified from the judging.
- All 2-D artwork must be properly framed and wired (see website for more information). If your 2-D work does not require a frame, hanging must be thought out so it is ready to be displayed. Please try to avoid using poor quality frames (we’ve had artwork fall and break due to this).
- All artists must fill out our Gallery Registration Form and affix our Intake Labels. See the MHA website for more information and links to these forms. It will save you time at Intake to print them, fill them out and bring them in with your artwork, but they will be available at Intake for those who choose to fill them out in the gallery.
- Mint Hill Arts accepts all artwork but reserves the right to turn down any artwork that it deems as inappropriate, unsafe for public display or too difficult to install.
- Entering artists must be 18 years old or have written permission from a parent/guardian.
- All artwork must remain in the show until its closing unless it is sold, in which case it can be taken from the gallery at the time of the sale. If you have an emergency and must remove your artwork, you must notify Mint Hill Arts and make arrangements accordingly.
Friday, October 25th, 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, October 26th, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Mint Hills Arts Gallery
11205 Lawyers Rd, Ste. A, Mint Hill, NC 28227
Phone – 980-226-5532
Please note that the pick-up for the October show/ Intake for December show is one week later than the usual MHA schedule due to Thanksgiving occurring on November 28th this year. This allows MHA intake volunteers and others to have an uninterrupted Thanksgiving holiday.
Pickup Will Be:
Friday, December 6th, 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, December 7th, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
The “Members Only” Show Opening Reception will take place on Friday, December 13th, from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Awards will be presented around 8:00 pm. Members and nonmembers alike are invited to enjoy free wine, soft drinks, appetizers.