Previous Call for Artists
NOVEMBER 2017 CALL FOR ARTISTS
Our November Show Theme is “Celebrate North Carolina,” a non-judged show. Your interpretation of this theme can be representational, abstract or realism, incorporating images that you feel best celebrate North Carolina! Artwork from Mint Hill Arts’ Second Annual Plein Air Paint Out titled, “Capturing Mint Hill,” will be included in this show. All mediums are accepted.
MHA Members: $10 for up to 4 pieces.
Non-members: $30 for up to 4 pieces.
- 2-D work cannot exceed 60″ x 60″ vertically or horizontally.
- 3-D work cannot exceed a 36″ footprint x 7′ in height, and must be easily transportable, fit through the door, and be displayed safely.
- Each artist may enter up to four (4) individual pieces in any medium.
- All work must be original. Reproductions of work done by other artists will be disqualified.
- All 2-D artwork must be properly framed and wired (see website for more information). If your 2-D work does not require a frame, hanging must be thought out so it is ready to be displayed. Please try to avoid using poor quality frames (we’ve had artwork fall and break due to this).
- All artists must fill out our Gallery Registration Form and affix our Intake Labels. See the MHA website for more information and links to these forms. It will save you time at Intake to print them, fill them out and bring them in with your artwork, but they will be available at Intake for those who choose to fill them out in the gallery.
- Mint Hill Arts accepts all artwork but reserves the right to turn down any artwork that it deems as inappropriate, unsafe for public display or too difficult to install.
- Entering artists must be 18 years old or have written permission from a parent/guardian.
- All artwork must remain in the show until its closing, unless it is sold in which case it can be taken from the gallery at the time of the sale. If you have an emergency and must remove your artwork, you must notify Mint Hill Arts and make arrangements accordingly.
- For all sales, MHA withholds a 20% commission.
Friday, October 27th, from 4-6 pm and
Saturday, October 28th, from 10 am-12 pm.
Mint Hills Arts Gallery
11205 Lawyers Rd, Suite A
Mint Hill, NC 28227
Phone – 980-226-5532
Friday, December 1st, from 4-6 pm and
Saturday, December 2nd, from 10 am – 12 pm.
The “Celebrate North Carolina” Opening Reception will take place on Friday, November 3rd, from 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. Everyone is invited to enjoy free wine, soft drinks, appetizers, and great art!