Current Call for Artists
April 2019 Call for Artists
Romie and Judy Mizell Photography Show
This second annual Romie and Judy Mizell Photography Show is a judged show with awards as noted below.
All photographs are welcome. Of importance is that each entry must be based on an original photograph and that all components of the work, including any digital editing, must be the photographer’s own work. See additional Rules below for other requirements.
Members and Non-Members of Mint Hill Arts
Friday, March 29th, 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Saturday, March 30th, 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
Friday, April 5th, 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
First Place: $100
Second Place: $75
Third Place: $50
Honorable Mentions (4): $25 Gift Certificate
MHA Members: $10 for up to 2 pieces/artist
Non-members: $30 for up to 2 pieces/artist
- Each artist may enter up to 2 pieces.
- All entries must be original works of art. We understand that photography is, by nature, a print and will be regarded as original art.
- All artists must fill out our Gallery Registration Form; your signature on the form indicates acceptance of our liability waiver (available on our website, www.minthillarts.org).
- Each piece must have an Intake Label attached to the back.
- Entering artists must be 18 years old or have written permission from a parent/guardian.
- All 2D artwork must be properly framed and wired, i.e.,using wire rather than sawtooth hangers (see website for more information). If your 2-D work does not require a frame, hanging must be thought out so it is ready to be displayed. Please try to avoid using poor quality frames (we’ve had artwork fall and break due to this).
- Mint Hill Arts reserves the right to turn down any artwork that is not properly framed or is deemed as inappropriate, unsafe for public display or too difficult to install.
- All artwork must remain in the show until its closing, unless it is sold in which case it can be taken from the gallery at the time of the sale. If you have an emergency and must remove your artwork, you must notify Mint Hill Arts and make arrangements accordingly.
- For all sales, MHA withholds a 20% commission.
Mint Hills Arts Gallery
11205 Lawyers Rd, Ste. A,
Mint Hill, NC 28227
Phone – 980-226-5532