LITAKER SHOW Call for Artists
Mint Hill Arts is proud to present the Annual Ann and Bill Litaker Exhibit. This annual juried show is dedicated to longtime members Ann and Bill Litaker. Bill is with us in spirit and we are fortunate to have Ann join us in the gallery often. Their unselfish dedication to Mint Hill Arts serves as an example to every volunteer who believes that “art matters,” that everyone’s life is made better because of creative thinking and expression.
All Artists, members and non-members
|Best in Show||$300|
|First Place||$100 (to be awarded in each category)|
|Second Place||$75 (to be awarded in each category)|
|Third Place||$50 (to be awarded in each category)|
(2 per category)
|$25 Gift Certificate|
- Water Media: Includes water media on paper or paper products (yuppo), gouache, ink
- Photography: Shot with a camera, which is a truthful representation of what was seen through the camera lens. Post-processing is kept to a very minimum, changed digitally only in ways that were formerly possible in a darkroom, i.e., adjusting brightness and contrast. Cropping and converting to Black and White is acceptable.
- Painting: oils, acrylics, pastels
- Other Visual Arts: Includes all materials or techniques not included in the other categories (mixed media, drawing, graphics, alcohol inks, textiles, altered or computer generated/enhanced photography, and 3-D works, etc.)
Friday, December 6th, 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, December 7th, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Mint Hills Arts Gallery
11205 Lawyers Rd, Ste. A,
Mint Hill, NC 28227
Phone – 980-226-5532
The Litaker Show reception will take place on Friday, December 13th at 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Please join us for appetizers, soft drinks and wine as we celebrate our artists at this prestigious show. Awards presentation will begin at 8:00 p.m.
Friday, January 31st, 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, February 1st, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
For Mint Hill Arts Members, $15 per artist for up to 2 pieces.
For Non-members, $40 per artist for up to 2 pieces.
- Each artist may enter up to two (2) individual pieces in any 2-D or 3-D discipline, including, oils, watercolors, acrylics, pastels, pencil, ink, dyes, fabric, wood, metal, glass, plastic, chalk, charcoal, paper, mixed media, foam, cardboard, plaster, ceramics, welding, casting, resin, photography (conventional photography or computer enhanced or generated), lithographs, serigraphs, batiks, paper mache’, or any other material.
- All work must be original. No giclees. We understand that photography is, by nature, a print and will be regarded as original art. Art submitted cannot be created from copyrighted material , i.e. copying from photos or other artwork in a publication or book, etc. Reproductions of work done by other artists will also be disqualified from the judging.
- All 2-D artwork must be properly framed and wired (see below for more information). If your 2-D work does not require a frame, hanging must be thought out so it is ready to be displayed. 3-D work that is designed to hang should also be ready to be displayed.
- All artists must fill out our Gallery Registration Form and affix our Intake Labels. See our Forms page to access these forms. Completing them ahead of time is recommended, but they will be available at Intake for those who choose to fill them out in the gallery.
- Mint Hill Arts reserves the right to turn down any artwork that it deems as inappropriate, unsafe for public display or too difficult to install. Entering artists must be 18 years old or have written permission from a parent/guardian.
Please pay attention to your sizes. We have limited wall and floor space, so no exceptions can be made for oversize artwork.
- 2-D work cannot exceed 60″ x 60″ vertically or horizontally.
- 3-D work cannot exceed a 36″ footprint x 7′ in height. It must fit through the door.
Mint Hill Arts requires a commission (20%) on all work sold through our gallery. All sales are run through the gallery and checks are made payable to Mint Hill Arts. Artists are paid within 30 days of the sale All proceeds from sales go to Mint Hill Arts, an all-volunteer non-profit art organization. You do not have to put your work up for sale; whether to sell, and the price of your work, is determined by you. Sold work can be taken from the gallery at the time of the sale.