Current Call for Artists
June 2018 Call for All Artists
Sixth Annual Binders®-Mint Hill Arts Judged Show
Mint Hill Arts is pleased to announce its Sixth Annual Binders-Mint Hill Arts Judged Show, which will hang for two months, through the month of July. The Show Sponsor is Binders Artist Supply in Cotswold Shopping Center at 284 S. Sharon Amity Road in Charlotte. 704.442.2608 bindersart.com
Open to: All Artists, Members and Non-members of Mint Hill Arts
Categories: No categories; any medium.
Friday, May 25: 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, May 26: 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Friday, July 27: 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, July 28: 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Mint Hill Arts Members: $10 per artist for up to 2 pieces
Non-members: $30 per artist for up to 2 pieces
- Each artist may enter up to two (2) individual pieces in any 2-D or 3-D discipline, including, oils, watercolors, acrylics, pastels, pencil, ink, dyes, fabric, wood, metal, glass, plastic, chalk, charcoal, paper, mixed media, foam, cardboard, plaster, ceramics, welding, casting, resin, photography [conventional film or computer enhanced or generated], lithographs, serigraphs, batiks, paper mache’, or any other material.
- All work must be original. No giclees. We understand that photography is, by nature, a print and will be regarded as original art.
- Students may enter but only if the instructor has not touched the artwork. All work must be done by the artist. Reproductions of work done by other artists will be disqualified from the judging.
- All 2-D artwork must be properly framed and wired (see below for more information). If your 2-D work does not require a frame, hanging must be thought out so it is ready to be displayed. 3-D work that is designed to hang should also be ready to be displayed.
- All artists must fill out our Gallery Registration Form and affix our Intake Labels. See our website at MintHillArts.org to access these forms and the liability waiver. Completing them ahead of time is recommended, but they will be available at Intake for those who choose to fill them out in the gallery.
- Mint Hill Arts reserves the right to turn down any artwork that it deems as inappropriate, unsafe for public display or too difficult to install.
- Entering artists must be 18 years old or have written permission from a parent/guardian.
- All artwork must remain in the show until its closing, unless it is sold in which case it can be taken from the gallery at the time of the sale. If you have an emergency and must remove your artwork, you must notify Mint Hill Arts and make arrangements accordingly.
- For all sales, MHA withholds a 20% commission. All sales are run through the gallery and checks are made payable to Mint Hill Arts. Artists are paid within 30 days of the sale. All proceeds from sales go to Mint Hill Arts, an all-volunteer non-profit art organization. You do not have to put your work up for sale; whether to sell, and the price of your work, is determined by you. Sold work can be taken from the gallery at the time of the sale.
Please pay attention to your sizes. We have limited wall and floor space, so no exceptions can be made for oversize artwork.
- 2-D work cannot exceed 60″ x 60″ vertically or horizontally.
- 3-D work cannot exceed a 36″ footprint x 7′ in height. It must fit through the door.
Best of Show: $200 Binders Gift Certificate
First Prize: $150 Binders Gift Certificate
Second Prize: $100 Binders Gift Certificate
Third Prize: $75 Binders Gift Certificate
Honorable Mentions (4): $25 Binders Gift Certificate
Judges: A team from Binders, headed by Chad Cartwright, will serve as our judges.
Free Opening Reception: Friday, June 1 at 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Judging will be announced at 8:00 p.m.
In our publicity we would like to be able, as appropriate, to include photos and descriptions of some of the art that will appear in the show. If you would like for us to consider your entries, please send the Chair of the Communications Committee a photo (in .jpg) of one or more of the pieces of art you will enter, the title(s), and if desired a short (no more than 50 words) sketch about you, the artist. The information must be received at least one week before the show.
(Please note that this year the show will be extended through July, hence the pick-up dates in July instead of June.)
Mint Hills Arts Gallery
1205 Lawyers Rd, Ste. A,
Mint Hill, NC 28227
Phone – 980-226-5532