IMPORTANT INFORMATION – PLEASE READ
Due to the Covid 19 pandemic, it is requested that you have your entry form completed in advance and your work ready to hang before you come to the gallery for intake. Your fee, entry form and work can then be submitted at the door. If it is absolutely necessary to enter the gallery, only two people at a time can come in with masks while maintaining social distancing. The reception will be limited with only the award winners plus one or two gallery members, and there may be an option for Zoom for a real time viewing of the award presentations – if so, the access link will be sent out to members. Please note that if you are planning to enter this show, please email Thea Barbato with the subject line ‘Novant Entry’ before July 25th so we will know how many entries to expect.
August 2020 Call for Artists
Summer Art Show Sponsored by Novant Health
Mint Hill Arts is pleased to announce its Summer Art Show Sponsored by Novant Health. This is a judged Competition.
No categories; any medium.
All Artists, members and non-members
Friday, July 31st, 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, August 1st, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Friday, September 25th, 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.*
Saturday, September 26th, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.*
For Mint Hill Arts Members, $15 per artist for up to 2 pieces
For Non-members, $40 per artist for up to 2 pieces
|Best of Show||$200|
- Each artist may enter up to two (2) individual pieces in any 2-D or 3-D discipline, including, oils, watercolors, acrylics, pastels, pencil, ink, dyes, fabric, wood, metal, glass, plastic, chalk, charcoal, paper, mixed media, foam, cardboard, plaster, ceramics, welding, casting, resin, photography [conventional film or computer enhanced or generated], lithographs, serigraphs, batiks, paper mache’, or any other material.
- All work must be original. No giclees. We understand that photography is, by nature, a print and will be regarded as original art. No art can be created from copy written material, i.e., copying from photos or other artwork in a publication or book, etc.
- Students may enter but only if the instructor has not touched the artwork. All work must be done by the artist. Reproductions of work done by other artists will be disqualified from the judging.
- All 2-D artwork must be properly framed and wired (see below for more information). If your 2-D work does not require a frame, hanging must be thought out so it is ready to be displayed. 3-D work that is designed to hang should also be ready to be displayed.
- All artists must fill out our Gallery Registration Form and affix our Intake Labels. See our online forms section HERE to access these forms. Completing them ahead of time is recommended, but they will be available at Intake for those who choose to fill them out in the gallery.
- Mint Hill Arts reserves the right to turn down any artwork that it deems as inappropriate, unsafe for public display or too difficult to install.
- Entering artists must be 18 years old or have written permission from a parent/guardian.
Please pay attention to your sizes. We have limited wall and floor space, so no exceptions can be made for oversize artwork.
– 2-D work cannot exceed 60″ x 60″ vertically or horizontally.
– 3-D work cannot exceed a 36″ footprint x 7′ in height. It must fit through the door
Friday, August 7th at 7:00 p.m. for brief awards presentation only with possible Zoom or other type of virtual viewing.
Mint Hill Arts requires a commission (20%) on all work sold through our gallery. All sales are run through the gallery and checks are made payable to Mint Hill Arts. Artists are paid within 30 days of the sale. All proceeds from sales go to Mint Hill Arts, an all-volunteer non-profit art organization. You do not have to put your work up for sale; whether to sell, and the price of your work, is determined by you. Sold work can be taken from the gallery at the time of the sale.
*Please note that this year the show will be extended through September, hence the change in the usual pick-up dates.